Thursday, August 23rd: What is your legacy? What memories will you leave behind? August is WHAT WILL YOUR LEGACY BE MONTH. Celebrate your life; take a few moments to reflect on what legacy will be left to honor your life.
This event is sponsored by http://www.jirehpublishers.com/. According to Jireh Publishers, “Many people do not realize how their actions impact others. They live their lives selfishly, not realizing the impact of their life choices on present and possibly future generations. What Will Your Legacy Be Month is a month for people to reflect on their past and present actions and vow to make positive changes that will affect generations. The time is NOW- not later. The seeds, whether positive or negative, that we plant in our children’s lives will grow and reflect our teachings.
What seeds of yours are sprouting in your children? Are the seeds sprouting in your children, seeds of promotion or seeds of destruction? Are the seeds something that you can be proud of or will the seeds bring pain to you and/or others? Be honest, for the bottom line is that the seeds will sprout and reflect your teachings.”
Jireh Publishers shares Five Tips to Remember in Creating Your Legacy:
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking. Remember- what is done in the dark will eventually be brought to the light. It’s not a matter of “if” but “when.”
- Even though it may be difficult, toss away your “could haves” and “should haves.” The past is the past. Stop reminding yourself what you could have or should have done. Start today to live a life of purpose.
- To err may be human, but stop using this as an excuse to do the “wrong thing.”
- Be about it, rather than just…talk. Remember-talk is cheap.