Saturday, July 21st: Would of, could of, should of …. Today is TOSS AWAY THE “COULD HAVES” AND “SHOULD HAVES” DAY. On this day, everyone will write down their “could haves” and “should haves” on a piece of paper, then throw that list in the trash. Then they will make this resolution “From this day forward, I choose not to live in the past – the past is history that I can’t change. I can do something about the present – I choose to live in the present.”
Celebrated annually, the third Saturday in July, this day deserves to be recognized every day. This day was created by Martha J. Ross-Rodgers, Founder & Organizer, JIREH Publishers. A pledge follows. Take the pledge today … put your “could haves” and “should haves” behind you. Celebrate life and move forward with anticipation for a positive future without regrets over things you can’t change.
Here are six tips on how to let go of your past mistakes/poor choices:
- Remember that the past is just the past. You can’t change the past, but you can do something about the present. Everyone has valley experiences. You must decide whether to remain in the valley or climb to the mountaintop.
- Love yourself! Love yourself! If you truly love yourself, you will know that you are human and to err is human.
- View every mistake/poor choice as an opportunity to learn and grow. By growing, you will be able to handle similar challenges that you encounter.
- Remember, if you hold on to your past mistakes, it will affect your success in the present and the future.
- Even though you can’t see it now, know that this too shall pass
- Know that life is like a winding road. You will encounter twists and turns along the way. Know and accept this and choose to keep moving forward.
As of today, I __________________, choose not to continually dwell on my past regrets. There is nothing that I can do to change the past; I can do something about my present. I will use this regret as an opportunity to learn and grow. I choose to live one day at a time and not badger myself over my poor choices. I choose to love myself and to continually work on improving myself. Above all, I will continually remind myself that I am a worthy person. Today, I _____________________ will Toss Away My “Could Haves and Should Haves.”